Ocean Express is a game which scenarios are different ports and the subject is shipment. You have to efficiently load huge boats (barges actually) before the shipping time is over. The goods are represented by puzzle pieces and you have to place them trying to avoid leaving blank spaces in the ship. The sooner you complete the task the more points you get.
The object of the game is to place packages into the barges as quickly and efficiently as possible. To do that, you have to left click to place a package and you can rotate it by right clicking. When you place a package, you have to avoid leaving “holes” (spaces of one cell) since they will count against you. You won’t be able to fill them since there are no packages of one cell.
If you fill the barge before the departure timer expires, you will earn bonus cash. But, if the departure timer expires before the barge is filled, each remaining spot will be filled at a cost. To pass each level, you need to meet or exceed the shipping goal displayed on the left side of the screen. Tokens can be earned by exceeding your shipping goal. At the end of each level, you’ll have the option to spend your tokens to upgrade your fleet.
In order to meet the shipping goals on higher levels, you will need to upgrade your fleet. This is done by earning and spending tokens. New barges allow you to ship more packages with your tugboat. New cities bring additional special packages that are worth significantly more than regular packages.
When you enter the game, you’ll be seeing the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change Player: after you create one or more players, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you to a second screen in which you can select the difficulty level. When you’re done with this, you start playing the first puzzle.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound effects volume, music volume, and full screen.
- Scores: to see the highest records.
- Create puzzles: to create your own puzzles in the special editor.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Chill web site.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows 98 or newer
• 500 MHz CPU or faster
• 128MB RAM
- Easy to learn how to play and intuitive interface.
- Affordable price.
- You can create your own puzzles.
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported